This is easy to see from the memeorandum main page.
A bunch of new capabilities are on display, the rationale for which I wrote previously. Among them:
- Multiple topic pages: the Politics page (the successor to the previous site) is now paired with a Tech page
- Most-discussed blog posts are featured in the same manner as news articles, enabling discussion to form around them
- Related items are grouped together
- New sources (blogs, news, and more) are added in real time, automatically
- Updated every 5 minutes, each update archived for posterity
- Filtering of shallow one-liners
In the next post I'll offer tips for those who sense something is missing from the new site. And then I'll outline the goals for memeorandum.